The Health Project has now launched and 6 brave clients have already overcome their initial fear of the needles and given this – to them unusual – medical practice a try. Acupuncturers Gidon and Andre were happy to receive very positive feedback from their first HIV positive patient who felt “renewed and revived” after her first treatment.
From 13 August Gidon will also be teaching Qi Gong classes every Thursday between 10:30am and noon. To start with he will focus on the “1000 Hands Buddah”, a meditative practice that harmonizes the emotions and puts one in touch with his/her heart.
Overview of the project’s services:
- Acupuncture with Nutrition Guidance (Mon, Wed, Thurs from 12 noon)
- Trauma Counseling (Daily from 9am – 4pm)
- Free HIV/AIDS testing with VCT counseling (firstname.lastname@example.org for schedule)
- HIV / AIDS support group, learn a new skill and generate a small income (Sat 10am)
- Chi Gong – 1000 Hands Budha (Thurs 10am)
- Reiki and Hypnosis (Fri 9am – 12am)
- Anjali Dance Yoga, R50 donation (Tue, Thurs 6pm)